Archive for blog
I must ask for forgiveness because we missed to ship 16 orders placed to us in December. I wrote right before NY holidays that all orders have been shipped, but stupid mistake in our web-shop system made me fool. I’m really sorry about this! I know how eagerly you wait for your orders, and we will ship these missed orders by DHL to you this week.
The beginning of 2012 was really hard for us, we were not able to move to office because some office repair/renovation works were not finished in time, we had no Internet access for couple days, then we found this problem with un-programmed PIC controller (see my previous post), and now found mistake in our web-shop system that marked several orders as shipped. Lets hope that problems are over now, and we will come to normal work on this new web-site.
We are back from holidays, and I will try to answer your 67 emails in 2-3 days.
Please, be patient! Thanks!
I’m in hurry to pack my luggage, so here is important info in short:
1. We leave for Christmas holidays until Jan-2nd. Nobody will be in office. I also can’t answer your emails and blog comments.
2. All orders collected until today (Dec-21, Wednesday) has been processed and shipped out. Automatic email with tracking number should be in your inbox (for all orders shipped before Tuesday).
3. We can’t provide tracking numbers for standard mail orders that were shipped yesterday and today (Tuesday-Wednesday Dec 20-21), because post courier service provide us tracking numbers in 1-2 days after shipment. But please, don’t worry – your orders have been shipped!
4. We are giving discount to all our products until the end of our holidays. You can place order now and save some $. All collected pre-orders placed during this period, will be shipped out on Jan-2nd.
5. I remember that I promised to publish PIC controller firmware and Android ICS demo and instructions. Will do it right after coming back from vacation.
Thanks all for your orders and your patience!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your families!
First batch is ready, we start shipping.
DHL orders will be shipped this week, standard post orders will be shipped on Monday.
Please, wait for emails with tracking numbers from our web-shop system.
First of all, sorry for keeping silence last couple days. We were all busy here receiving parcels and planning assembly process. Here is what we have at the moment:
1. We received bare PCB and components, and now assembling is in process.
2. We had some problems with custom clearance of LCD panels, and that was the main reason why we delay shipping till next week. Somehow custom inspector assigned title “LCD TV panels” to our cargo, and this means 30% taxes. We tried to argue, but the only way is to go to court, and then parcel would be delayed for couple weeks more. So, finally we agree to pay this custom fee to be able supply all pre-orders with minimal delay.
So, we will start shipping all pre-orders next week. First of all, we will supply all orders with DHL shipping. You will receive automatic email with tracking # of your parcel next day after shipping.
I have many technical questions from – posted here and also through email. Will try to answer all of them during weekend.
Finally, here is good news for all Android fans – I have Android ICS 4.0.1 running on PandaBoard with attached LCD panel. Will post video and DIY instructions next week. Stay tuned!
$15 discount is already applied to the price. Shipments will start Dec-1. Currently, we offer standard mail shipment.
Well, here is first video that shows our new LVDS board with LCD in action.
Direct link to YouTube: http://youtu.be/Cioktsv_N1c
I used Ubuntu 11.04 for this demo. Yes, Ubuntu is very slow on BeagleBoard-xM, much faster on PandaBoard with 10 class SD card 🙂
Here are specs of LCD in short:
1. Screen size: 10″, glossy
2. Resolution: 1024×600
3. # of colors: 256K (18-bits)
4. Touchscreen: 2 points capacitive (you can see this in video when I try to press screen by ruler and by finger). Touchscreen has USB interface.
5. Power: 3.3V logic, 5V backlight. All powers are available right from our new LVDS add-on board.
6. Backlight: LED. We also supply ambient light sensor for automatic brightness control. It will be shown in second video.
Pre-order for plug-and-play bundle (new LVDS board + LCD with touchscreen + LVDS cable + ambient light sensor) will be available in 1-2 days. First shipments are scheduled for end of November. Price of bundle will be 134.99 USD (shipping is not included). We will provide 15 USD discount for all pre-orders (so, you can buy it for $119.99 till end of November). Stay tuned!
We are out of stock with assembled boards, and here is a reason for this – we designed a new PCB with many new features. It just pass our tests, and everything works well. I will record video this week, and we will add it to our shop. Also, we will offer 10″ LCD with touchscreen and LVDS cable that will work right from box with this new board. Please, be patient.
Good news everyone! We just passed all current orders to shipping company, so you should receive your orders pretty soon. We will also provide tracking numbers of parcel for our customers who selected DHL delivery after getting them from shipping company on Monday.
Thanks everyone for your orders and your patience!
Well, finally we got all components and bare PCB for first batch of boards. We promised to start shipping out till end of May – ok, we delayed it for 1 week, so I’m sorry for keeping you waiting! This Saturday we will get first 100 pcs assembled, and we have enough components and bare PCBs for several hundreds more.