Not very good news for us guys – we are forced to postpone shipping of our new 7″ LCDs. Electronics is ready and assembled, LCDs are already in our office. But touch-panel factory made mistake with drawing – as a result we have vertically mirrored frame of touch panel and can’t bond it with LCD panel. Here are some photos that can explain it better (click on photo to get full resolution). Yellow color is back-side of panel with adhesive tape for bonding with LCD panel. Black color framed panel has the same mistake.
I’m currently out to China to touch-panel factory to do all the best to reduce lead time of re-done batch of panels from standard 4-6 weeks down to couple weeks. Currently, we found with supplier the way to reduce it to 3 weeks.
We take full responsibility for this delay, but can’t do too much to ship panels in April, therefore we want to offer the following:
1. Any request for money return will be immediately executed.
2. For those who is OK to wait for delivery we want to offer one of the following:
– free add-on of ambient light sensor, mini USB cable, micro HDMI cable, audio adapter and power adapter (please, mention your plug type) to your order
– or free upgrade from standard shipping to DHL
– or 15% individual coupon for any future purchase in our store
Drop e-mail to our sales team (sales@) with your order # and selected action.
We want to present 7” capacitive multi-touch IPS LCD with 1280x800 resolution.
- fully integrated solution - no external boards and cables
- slim design (<10 mm thickness including electronic and connectors)
- totally cable-free (electronic is embedded directly to LCD)
- easy installation – just connect and it will work
- micro HDMI input accepts any resolution up to 1920x1080 (FullHD)
- slim-profile power connector (OD=2.6mm, ID=0.65mm, positive central pin)
- mini USB connector for touchscreen with dual HID - driver-less single touch, and multi-touch with additional driver
- audio engine provides decoding of HDMI stream audio and outputs it to standard 2.5mm connector
- external ambient light sensor for automatic brightness control
- internal LVDS scaler allows to get HDMI with any special settings from virtually any HDMI source, like RaspberryPi, Beagleboard/Pandaboard/new Beaglebone, Hackberry, Odroid, Cubox, mk802 and others Android stick clones, Gooseberry, Nitrogen/Sabre, OLinuXino-A13, normal PC/notebook, video players, etc.
Available in 2 versions:
- Display: 7” full-color a-Si TFT with IPS technology
- Native resolution: 1280x800 pixels
- Aspect ratio: 16:10 (widescreen)
- Display colors: 262K (6-bits per color)
- Active area: 152mm (H) x 95.5mm (V)
- Surface treatment: 3H glass, Glare
- Weight: 110 grams
- Input voltage: 5V DC
- Operating temp: -20C … 70C
- Storage temp: -30C … 80C
- Power consumption: 3.1W (typ)
- Brightness: 400 cd/m2 (nits)
- Contrast ratio: 800:1
- Viewing angle: 89 deg (all directions)
Technical drawing: 7 inch with black frame
Technical drawing: 7 inch with open frame
Pre-order can be placed here:
7 inch LCD with black frame
7 inch LCD with open frame
Shipping will begin in second half of April 2013 on "first come, first serve" base
Normally, capacitive touchscreen does not require calibration like resistive. This is because capacitive touchscreen has grid of sensitive tracks on panel surface and can get exact information about finger position. But because detection is based on measuring of changed capacity of surface, therefore sometime it can require calibration of sensitivity. Some of our customers noticed that cursor can behave like crazy when you touch screen (and sometime even without any touch). This can happen when touchscreen controller has increased sensitivity, and it responds to any change of capacity nearby of screen surface and touch controller itself. We know that most of you use this panel right on your workbench full of turned on equipment, powered wires and cables, always turned on solder station – I have exactly the same situation on my desk, so I know it for sure In such cases we propose to do the following:
- First of all, take into account that any capacitive touchscreen requires to be placed inside enclosure. This will eliminate most problems with phantom mouse shakes and clicks.
- If you use it without enclosure, then please take care to remove any EMI emitting equipment, connected/powered wires, unbalanced fluorescent lamps, etc. as far away from touchscreen as possible. At least nothing should be under green PCB of touchscreen controller on the bottom side of LCD panel.
- Next is power supply. Check that your power supply provides clean 5V signal on its output. We also recommend to use UPS or good power filter on AC side.
- Finally, you can use special Windows tool to calibrate screen sensitivity to your current environment. Here is link to calibration utility: http://goo.gl/TLK4P. You should connect your panel to Windows PC, use only USB – others connectors are not required. Then run this program, it should find panel, then will ask you to not touch panel during calibration (calibration does not require any interaction with touch surface during whole procedure)
I receive a lot of emails requesting for stock update every day. Therefore, I decided to clear out the situation with the stock issue and also to reveal our plans for the future of our LCD products. First of all, our company has been running for 8 years in the electronic industry business. We design and manufacture embedded systems for consumer, industrial and military applications, we have our own SMT factory and experienced development team. This branch of open-source LCD solutions was initiated 2 years ago as a step to help electronic enthusiasts to get cheap and easy LCD+touch solution for their project based on BeagleBoard and their successors. We never considered this as a business, and did it mostly for fun. But 2 years of successful sales, many positive reviews and number of serious business projects that arise as a result convinced us that open-source hardware can play an important role in the business of electronic company. Therefore, we decided to pay more attention to this branch and invest money to buy separate SMT line for our LCD products. This should eliminate delays with order processing and shipping, and help us to keep constant stock of ready LCD bundles. We already received new stencil printer and lead-free reflow oven, now awaiting for arrival of automatic pick-and-place machine. Whole line should be mounted in 2-3 weeks, after that we can ship your orders next day after receiving. Currently, we had delays with LCD production because our main SMT line is busy with our normal orders for others embedded products. Separate SMD line will solve this problem.
Now regarding our plans:
- Most of our office employees will be out for Chinese New Year holidays from 9th till 17th of February.
- Technical support for current customers will be on line, support@ email will be active.
- All emails sent to our sales team (sales@) will be answered after CNY holidays.
- We will install SMT line during CNY holidays and will manufacture enough boards to keep stock alive.
- All orders placed from today will be shipped on first come-first serve base starting from February 18.
- As a token of appreciation for your continuous support, we will offer instant 10% discount for all orders placed and paid during this period.
Finally, our 7″ capacitive solution is near completion. You will get 1280×800 LCD (yes, IPS!) with multi-touch touchscreen with USB interface.